This post about Weekend promos for late September 2018 contains affiliate links. Please read this blog’s disclosure post for more info.

Weekend promos for late September 2018 :: Effortlessly with Roxy

In a shopping mood this weekend? There are lots of weekend promos for late September to fill your Fall closet! Below are the promos I’m most likely to shop; I’m looking to replenish my work closet especially! How about you? Feel free to use this post for open shopping discussion.

ANTHROPOLOGIE || Take 20% off full-price clothing and home this weekend. || Picks: I’m very intrigued by this pink-piped peacoat; this bag has become a closet staple for me; these earrings have an interesting touch of interest.

BANANA REPUBLIC || Take 40% off pants, denim and select tops and sweaters. || Picks: These white skinny jeans are stain-resistant and will be great to wear as Winter whites; this tank top looks great under a blazer for work or on its own for date nights (I own it in three colors now!); this silky sweater has just a hint of cashmere for warmth and structure.

FREE PEOPLE || Take 50% off select items. || Picks: I don’t like many 70s-inspired items, but this ribbed top has me smiling; I love a good large-pocket buttondown; the offset buttons on this top are lovely.

LOFT || Take 40% off your purchase this weekend. Use code NEWNOW online. || Picks: This jacket is such a great outfit topper, work or casual; I’m enjoying this button-detailed top very much; this necklace looks great with any outfit.

MADEWELL || Take 25% off new season essentials, FRIDAY ONLY. Use code HEARTEYES online. || Picks: This tiered chambray top looks great on its own or as a layering piece; I love this wrap top and its cute little bow; these earrings look simple but add a fantastic pop to any outfit.

What promos are you shopping this weekend? All prices in the boutique below are before discounts are applied.

11 Comments

1. luvlucytoo
    September 21, 2018 / 10:49 pm

Thought after all this time I'd take a look at where Anthro is at, especially since I suddenly started getting emails again.
    Oh, my! Check out the "Fringed-Sleeve Sweater" (sorry – I don't know how to add a link)! NO….just NO! STOP already, Anthro!!
    Plus, there's' just too many offerings online. I spent a lot of time going through the website and it's just too much.
    I like the look of the peacoat you featured, but it's viscous and poly.
    I don't think Anthro knows where it's at. So how can I? I think they are far enough away at this point that there's just NO connecting with whatever base they have a possibility of selling to (aka those who can afford them).
    It's been a long time since I set foot in an Anthro. The website offerings are not tempting me. And I used to visit the closest store (over an hour away) several times a month and spend thousands there. Like someone posted recently, I've realized I'm lucky to have the "old" Anthro treasures in my closet!

• Barbara
        September 22, 2018 / 5:59 pm

Oh god!

• Anthropolitan
      September 23, 2018 / 6:47 am

EEEEEEEEEEP! What IS that????

• Jess
      September 23, 2018 / 2:08 pm

Wow, who on earth would wear such a thing and for that price? A cave man/woman? Guess her arms will be really warm this Winter. Just who are the buyers for Anthro these days? Anthro, remember who you are.

• September 24, 2018 / 9:47 am

And for the low low price of $495!!! Oh my goodness, thanks for the laugh luvlucytoo!

• Soleil
      September 24, 2018 / 5:17 pm

I really hope there are no matching pants….

2. lulu
    September 23, 2018 / 11:49 am

Egad, terrible…although it does have some natural fibers. I don't think Anthro misses the $1000 or so a month that I used to spend there. Given that most of their old fans have moved on and they are allegedly doing better, I am very interested to know who this stuff is appealing to. The only things that I have bought at Anthro lately is the Sag Habor dress and the San Antonio dress, both of which I really like, but everything else just doesn't appeal.

3. Ashley
    September 24, 2018 / 2:22 pm

STOP IT!!! its a steal! LOL

4. Lou
    September 27, 2018 / 9:17 am

It's my observation that Anthro is trying to do what they think is Runway Fashion Forward. Looking for that customer who is interested in trends and has money. Who doesn't blink at a $500 sweater. I don't think it is true that they are doing better. I think the numbers are manipulated. Other brands of theirs: Free People, Terrain might be doing better but I can't see that the Anthro brand is being embraced by any fashion community. They are milking the season for all it is worth. I have noticed that here, in the very end of September, they are still showing sundresses at full price, with plenty of stock. Nobody's buying that I can tell. The 4 Anthro stores near me are nearly always empty. I almost feel foolish even shopping there now, as if the sales associates know that it's a desperate mission that I'm on. I remember the days when there were lines going into the dressing room and I had to time my visits to avoid the crowds. No worry about that anymore.

• September 27, 2018 / 9:29 am

I think Anthropologie is taking the right steps. I see them paying for more placements on shopping websites and in magazines. They do more partnerships with bloggers now. They seem to be following the J. Crew pattern of a few years ago though and we know how well that worked out! (Aiming for high-fashion, editorial clothing.) Anthropologie has always aimed for the affluent shopper. More of what's happening is our country (and Canada too!) is seeing more polarization between haves and have-nots to the degree that retailers are falling out of touch with upwardly mobile shoppers. I see this in the data all the time, trending over the last three years especially.

The NYC stores do seem busy most times that I'm there. Outside of the city I agree — the suburban stores I visit are usually empty.